See our collection of relevant events, conferences, and meetings taking place next week. Tune in to them to stay updated on EU developments.
18 December 2022 International Migrants Day
European Parliament Committees Meetings
Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON)
ECON-EMPL Economic dialogue on the European Semester Autumn package
Monday 12 December 19:00 CET
Employment and Social Affairs (EMPL)
Monday 12 December 21:15 CET
Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO)
Monday 12 December 19:00 – 21:00 CET
Thursday 15 December, Brussels
Council of the European Union Meetings
Monday 12 December, Brussels
Tuesday 13 December, Brussels
Project RIDE Webinar – Migrant Women and Digital Skills
15 December, 10:00 – 11:00 CET
This webinar is offered by the RIDE – Reach Inclusion through Digital Empowerment for Migrant Women – project, to mark International Migrants’ Day on 18th December. Over the last two years, RIDE has been piloting a wide range of training and mentoring methods to enable women migrants in Europe to find jobs in the digital sector.
During the webinar, experts working at the local, national and European levels will provide their insights and experience on the following issues:
- The challenges of integrating migrant women into Europe’s society and workforce. How to build a project ecosystem centred on migrant women’s needs? How to take into account different migrant women with different needs and abilities?
- Successful formats for training and mentoring migrant women.
- How to use European Union funds such as AMIF (the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund) for the training and mentoring of migrant women
- case study: Best practices in the field
Economic and Social Committee 574th Plenary Session
14 – 15 December, Brussels
574th Plenary session, with the following guests and debates: Young people and the labour market in the context of the European Year of Youth; youth education for SDGs and sustainable food; EU’s relations with its Southern Neighbourhood; Investments to promote gender equality: the role of finance and public recovery policies; Civil Society Prize award ceremony.
OSCE Workshop for Youth on Fostering Inclusion in Poland
13 – 15 December 2022, Warsaw
ODIHR (The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights) is organizing a series of workshops for Polish and Ukrainian young people on fostering equal, inclusive and cohesive societies. The workshops will be organized throughout Poland, with the first one taking place in Warsaw.
How Standards help Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises to Innovate, Compete and grow
13 December, Online
15:00 – 17:00
Organised by the European Commission, join U.S. and EU government representatives, private sector speakers, and other experts to discuss technology standards topics most relevant to SMEs, including
- views on the crucial role technology standards play in enabling SMEs to innovate
- tools and resources available to help SMEs to compete and grow
- challenges and barriers to standards development and deployment
Webinar participants will have the opportunity to ask questions, share best practices, and provide recommendations to TTC representatives from the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission. Register here.