EU Policy Internship
As UNITEE’s EU Policy Intern, you will have the great challenge of contributing to the Advocacy and Policy work of UNITEE, a dynamic organization active in the heart of Brussels . In particular, you will be in charge of monitoring the daily policy debate inside the EU institutions and maintaining relationships with MEPs and other stakeholders. You will also help your supervisor by writing speeches and preparing research. You will also have the opportunity to assist the rest of the team in its various tasks (event management, public relations).
- Assist our Policy Manager with the daily and weekly monitoring of the EU policy debate inside the European Institutions on the issues of interest to the organisation, such as entrepreneurship, trade and SMEs policy;
- Write content for our external communication materials, such as writing short articles for our blog or newsletter;
- Contribute to the drafting of policy papers and speeches;
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders (post-event interviews, success stories, meet the politicians…)
- Help with the organisation of two or three events, such as roundtables or conferences;
- Assist in the PR towards MEPs and other stakeholders;
- Undertake research on given topics.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a Master’s degree in Political Sciences, EU Studies, Journalism or similar;
- Proven interest in European Political Affairs;
- Previous experience in journalism and/or political affairs an asset, but not strictly required.
- Expertise in Research and analysis;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team (with people from different cultural background);
- Ability to take initiatives and autonomy;
- Open and outgoing personality;
Communication and language skills
- Clear, concise style;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent English;
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “EU Policy Intern” as the subject of the mail.